Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday

My weekend was interesting. Saturday I visited my friends who live down the road and helped them install some insulation in the home they are re-building. A gloomy rainy day, but I would rather spend it with friends doing something not quite fun than alone. Then they came over for a soak in the hot-tub and a glass of wine.

Then we had a massive debate on where to eat dinner. Sushi at Benkay or Fuji. Or chinese delivered to the house while we watch a movie. Or out for Thai food. Or to Friendly's for crap and some ice cream. Good god, we ended up at Friendly's. Now, greasy food alone makes my stomach unhappy. Add on top of that the fact that I am mildly lactose intolerant but decicded to have some ice cream anyway, and my stomach wasn't happy for hours. No wonder I didn't eat much on Sunday.

Sunday I stayed in my sweats all day and did nothing. I could have done about a million things. But my body just wanted a day off. So I sat on the couch, watched some horrible movies, and then went to bed. Yup, I didn't leave the house once. It's nice to have a day like that once in a while.

Last night I had to fight my kitties for a place to put my legs in my bed. The whole other half of the bed is empty yet they still sleep on my side. I end up diagonal, sideways and upside down. How can two kitties take up so much space? And WHY do they need to sleep ON my stomach or between my legs?? And WHY does Trouble have to headbutt the crap out of my arm/face/elbow first thing in the morning? She sounds like a turbo jet about to take off! So, a frustrating kitty morning, but I made it to work on time and I managed to actually almost finish my tea before getting in the car to leave.

The lady from the shelter is visiting the house tomorrow so we can get approved to adopt a doggie. I"m excited.

Tata for Now!

No comments: