Monday, December 22, 2008

Xmas Party & A Nor'easter

Well, the Xmas party that we had was a total success. I believe. I think. I had fun anyway. The night ended with a bunch of us in the hot tub. Then around 4am one of the boys woke up and found two of our friends ASLEEP in the hot tub! They'd got back out there after the rest of us went to bed and passed out! They could have died! Holy cow. I can't get over that. So unsafe.

The gift exchange, Yankee Swap, was hysterical. My face hurt I was laughing so hard. It was a SeXmas party. So you had to bring a sexual related gift for the swap. Good thing we were all good friends and we all had a good sense of humor. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

The kitties went to the kennel for the night so that they wouldn't get let outdoors by someone. It started had snowed on Friday and a little on Saturday. So it was beautiful outdoors with all our holiday lights. I think everyone who came to the party had a good time. A bunch slept over and we had made beds up so that people didn't have to drive if they didn't need to. I'm glad we did. I know I couldn't have driven anywhere. ;)

Then Sunday came. We were all a little hungover. Mark was supposed to fly out at 1:00pm so he was off packing. We checked the weather online. It started snowing as we were looking up the weather. It came down hard. There were practically snowballs falling out of the sky. So we checked on Mark's flight. It was cancelled! Whoohoooo! An extra day with Mark. I couldn't ask for a better Xmas gift!

So we hung out at the house and watched the snow fall. Friends came a went all day. The house was still disaster (it still is).

We got at least a foot of snow with that storm. So we have a total of just over 1.5feet of snow. And it's not even Christmas yet! I don't remember the last time we had this much snow for Christmas. It's great. All though driving isn't the best. And waiting to get plowed out isn't always fun. :)

A great weekend. I need the Christmas holidays to recover. :)


Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Celebrate.

No comments: